It’s a bit challenging to get photos of the pumpkin carving when one of your carvers is a little nudist. So, here’s what we’ve got.
Yep, that’s all the G-rated ones!
Here’s a basic recipe for toasted pumpkin seeds. It’s infinitely customizable; these measurements are just to give you an idea where to start.
Add 1/8 teaspoon cayenne if you want a spooky little kick!
- 1½ cups raw pumpkin seeds, scooped from two small pumpkins, or one large one
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ tablespoon refined sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt (or ⅛ teaspoon table salt)
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Put seeds and any attached pulp into a large bowl and cover with water.
- Pick the pulp from the seeds and remove pulp to another bowl or down the sink.
- Skim seeds from the top of the water with your hands and spread them on a cloth towel.
- Blot seeds dry with another clean towel.
- Spread seeds directly onto cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes to dry out.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven, add olive oil to the seeds and toss.
- Sprinkle on sugar, chili powder, and cinnamon and toss again.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt on top while hot.
- Cool a bit, and enjoy!